Tuesday, October 10, 2006

We got to work on the Animal.....

Went down to Jimmy's on Saturday and got a good start on the new Animal motor...It's different....Metric for one...Well most bolts are metric some are still standard...? Looks like I'll need a few new tools...5mm carb tools....JC Specialties is supposed to have them....A flywheel holder (I think I can make one)....Tool to lap the valves with and to take the keepers off with....No where near as simple as the flathead....I guess I'm just used to the flathead....I'm sure the animal will grow on me....Can't wait to see him out on the track with it.

Here she is....

Devin beginning the disassembly....

Stripped down block....

Here is the billet flywheel...

Jimmy heat treating one of the rings....

Here is the carb....

and the piston...I can't think Jimmy enough for helping us thru the years...He is a hell of a guy.

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home